Last updated: Dec 12, 2020
SummaryThis summary is our attempt to be accurate and succinct, but it is non-normative. It will never be contradicted by the actual policy below, but if this summary is ambiguous, refer to the full policy below.
- We collect as little information about you as possible. Information we collect about you and your use of our services is for an explicit business feature you have chosen to use for which it is either required or would dramatically reduce our capabilities otherwise. Examples: cookies for authentication, aggregate bandwidth usage for tunnel transfer limits.
- We do not share any information we collect unless we are legally required to by law. Exception: we collect and share the minimum amount of information needed to process payments with Stripe.
- We allow you to request a copy of and the removal of data we collect about you. Not all information (such as payment history) may be removed as it is critical for legal and accounting purposes.
- This policy may be updated if our practices change. We will make reasonable efforts to provide 30 days notice prior to any changes taking effect.
This is the end of the summary. The rest of this document is normative.
Personal Information We Collect
Your email is used for login purposes, account recovery, sending service updates and announcements, and responding to your inquiries.
Your Billing Information
We collect and share the minimum amount of information needed to process payments with Stripe. This is required for you to pay us. We do not store payment details directly on our servers.
The number of bytes each tunnel uses is collected so that we can enforce tunnel transfer limits and balance the use of our server resources.
Information We Do Not Collect
We do not monitor how you use our site.
We do not inspect the contents of your traffic.
How We Use It
Hoppy Network does not share your personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of Hoppy Network except to meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request.Exception:
- Stripe - our payment processor. In order to process payments, we are required to give them billing information.
We use the aggregate bandwidth history in order to enforce the tunnel network transfer limits in accordance with your purchased subscription.
We also use the aggregate bandwidth history in order to balance the use of our server resources. For example, if two tunnels have traffic peaks in different timezones, we might migrate those tunnels to share the same physical server to better utilize our resources.
You have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us using the contact information on our website.